Sunday, August 2, 2009

Ashlee and Cortnee do the shopping!!!!

The girls were given the responsibility of doing the grocery shopping while I was gone. I told them they had $100 to spend each week and if they could stay as much under that as possible that would be great.
I had to laugh when I looked at the one receipt that was in the kitchen when I got home. They had only spent about $50 but this is what they bought. TV dinners, chocolate milk, pillsbury biscuits, pillsbury orange rolls, gum, Tonys frozen pizzas, they actually bought fruit. It was funny. These are the things they like and it was fun for them to actually have the responsibility of doing the shopping. Ashlee told me it was pretty weird. But they did it. The first week I had put things on the grocery list and she did get all of those things and some fun things I won't always buy for them. New and exciting things.

1 comment:

Natti said...

After living with Doug and Jeri for the last six months and not having to buy groceries it's been an interesting transition...I love being able to shop and buy things that we like but I forgot how stressful it can be with the prices.