Saturday, January 10, 2009

Mexico

The lobster place in Puerto Nuevo. The meal included a whole lobster, rice, beans, tortillas, chips and salsa, and margaritas (ours are non-alcoholic) This nice meal was $15.00 american money. Very good but a very cold restaurant. It didn't help they had the doors open. They also were playing Led Zepplin when we first got there. You know that didn't really add to the whole you're in a different country atmosphere. I just thought that was funny.
The waiter was very cute when he brought the food out. He said the beans are mexican caviar, the rice ( I can't remember what it was) the tortillas were mexican pancakes. He was cute.

Christmas Eve in Encinata (I think I'm spelling that wrong) We were brave and purchased tacos from this street taco stand. They were very, very good. Marc had a beef one and also a fish one. The beef one definitely the best.


Mom, Dad and Marc on the beach by our resort. Quite a few high rise buildings in the back ground



Mom and dad on the beach by our resort. The buildings in the background are some of the condos that were in our resort area. Our buildings were back about a block or maybe two and they were 4 story buildings but also the white color.




3 comments:

young family said...

Look your on top!!!

It looks beautiful down there, to bad it was cold. I will have to add this to one of my places I want to go.

You are brave to eat from a street vendor:) I take it you didn't get sick :)

Fun Fun!!

Misty said...

Looks like fun! Travis and I may get to take a vacation after the kids are graduated from high school and we are old and falling apart!! :) I am craving Mexican food now.

happy mom said...

So was that 15 a person or 15 total? It looked good surprisingly, maybe someday I will be daring and try more foods. It looks beautiful and I am with Lora it will be on my list. I have not been here in awhile, but neither have you, huh!