Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Well it is official

Marc and I have entered a whole new phase of life.
Ashlee has officially received her drivers license.
She has access to drive our Neon (pretty much exclusively) but we keep reminding her that she doesn't just get free rein. We have kept it around pretty much just so she could have a car to drive. Maybe when she turns 18 she will have enough money to buy her a new car and then Cortnee can drive the neon. So today she actually picked Cortnee and Tony (their step brother) up from school and drove them over to their moms. It will be kind of a big help to both us and their mom that they can get back and forth by themselves. Cortnee thinks that Ashlee will be taking her shopping all of the time. We shall see. But for now it is just kind of weird that we won't have to do all of that running. We are excited for her.

5 comments:

Misty said...

Yea Ashley! Fun times ahead...for everyone! ;)

Emma said...

When Hope got her licence I thought she would take me shopping a bunch too, but it hasn't happened. Congrats Ashlee!!! Tell her that she needs to blog again!! Tell everyone I say hi!!! :)

Rachel said...

Yay for Ashley & for you!! What will you do with all your free time now? ;)

Jewels Rules said...

Yay Ash.. that was the most exciting thing ever for me.. I was totally stoked to get my license.. I wouldn't go to school until my mom took me to get my license and then I took her car.. It was the best time ever and now I find it to be a burden.. Maybe it's because I drive on average about 150 miles a day and I just had to buy new tires for my car, but oh the freedom of not having to be picked up or taken anymore oh its sweet..

young family said...

It really is nice, I love sending Hope on errands because she still loves driving ;) Congrats Ashlee!!