Sunday, August 10, 2008

Flowers



I Iwanted to post pictures of the flower pots that we did in the front yard this year. There is a nursery near our house and if you take your pots into them in February they will pot them and give them a lot of TLC until May when you get to take them home. I have been wanting to do it for several years and so this year broke down and did it. This is what they look like today. I wasn't sure I would be able to keep them alive this long but thanks to our new sprinkler zone just in the flower beds we have them being watered three times a day for a few minutes. seems to be the ticket. I did have the pots on the stairs and the sidewalk and just the two big ones in the flower beds but it was just too hot. So I wanted to share how pretty they are. Plus Shilo ( never can tell you enough about how cute she is.) she loves to lay in the front yard. Not on the chain. If she has to be on the chain she would rather be in the house. Silly dog. But I love her.

3 comments:

young family said...

Wow those are very pretty, I am impressed with that nursery. We can take our pots to Fred Meyer and they will plant them for us, but we have to keep them up from then on. I like your way better, then when you bring them home they are all lush and pretty. Good job on keeping them alive! :)

happy mom said...

you are so good about working outdoors and keeping things looking good. I might need some help, when and if things go the way I would like.

lovely

happy mom said...

Hey, I see you have logged onto the food blog, you are welcome to post yummy recipes! I need to post some more. oh and mom and dad came home friday, they surprised me.