Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Cortnee Christmas in October
















Well this is going to be a different kind of Christmas. Cortnee decided that she wanted to redo her room. So I told her it could be her Christmas. That is not real exciting but bedroom redecorating is way too expensive when you are on a budget. So she picked her colors. We had a lady in our ward help us with ideas. Cortnee had come up with most of it on her own. Liz just help us fine tune. She also painted for us. Mom, Dad and Heidi all did the quilt. They did a wonderful job. I said I want circles all over and other than that they didn't get much help from me. They did such an excellent job. I love it. (so sorry I don't know how to do links or I would plug your family quilts web site) This is the first major redo of Cortnee's room in 9 years. And I am so very pleased with the outcome. Best of all I think she really likes it as well. I guess I should finish with why it was in October. When both she and her sister decided to redo their rooms for Christmas we said great that will be Christmas. Well Marc and I decided to go to Mexico with mom and dad so the girls will be staying with their mom. I decided that I didn't want to spend the whole month of December painting, etc. So needless to say October is when the rooms were done.

1 comment:

happy mom said...

little changes make such a difference! I have a few friends that are very talented at decorating and I think I should have them help me but then it turns out I am way too lazy!